[e2e] Routers accessing TCP header

Ibrahim Matta matta at cs.bu.edu
Wed Feb 23 08:37:59 PST 2005

I admit not reading this paper (yet:) But I am wondering what kind of
recovery strategy is used (e.g. TCP not backing off completely, or...)
once you know the "exact" reason of loss (through your oracle). I think
how much gain will depend not only on the "binary" classification of
loss type (e.g. buffer overflow or transmission error) but also on the
action TCP flows take, how synchronized they are, etc. Actually, a finer
grained error classification (e.g. short-term vs. long-term error
conditions etc.) along with a finer grained recovery response maybe
needed?

Best,
Ibrahim