[e2e] TCP losses

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Feb 28 06:38:59 PST 2005

I'd suggest as another interesting input to "cross-layer" discussions
the excellent lead article by PR Kumar on the topic in IEEE Wireless
Communications Systems' latest issue.

In many ways it parallels the "end-to-end argument" paper we wrote many
years ago - beware of letting a too narrow view of the end-to-end
problem drive you into creating an over-optimized, brittle, complex
architecture that eliminates the value of modularizing design.  But it
stands on its own as a nice exploration of the issues in systems-scale
wireless design.