[e2e] Question about RFC 2581

Michael Welzl Michael.Welzl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Jan 5 07:43:05 PST 2005

Mark,

I was just about to write a note that this would probably
require ABC - it resembles Savage's "ACK Division" attack,
but it's unintentional - and that for me, it's a reason
to vote for a strong SHOULD (if not even a MUST?) regarding
usage of ABC with L = at least 1 SMSS. Personally, I'd
like to see: MUST L = 1 SMSS, SHOULD L = 2 SMSS.

It's really a fix, so a MUST for the more conservative case
is worth thinking about IMO.

Dado: thanks for bringing up that interesting issue!

Cheers,
Michael

The very moment I saw