[e2e] Re: a problem...

Puddinhead Wilson puddinghead_wilson007 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 19:36:28 PST 2005

perhaps I should modify as someone asked for
clarification,

Channel between N1 and N2 has bandpass X, centred at f
(ofcourse copper behaves like copper)

do not wish to send a reverse "ack" for link detection
etc.

What are the simplest ways to do this,
for example the case of copper would be to simply
apply a DC voltage from the receiver side so that
txmtr can look at presence/absence of DC line voltage
to know link status.

What do i do for other cases like fiber or wireless?

 --- Puddinhead Wilson