[e2e] TCP Local Area Normal behaviour? any references?

K. K. Ramakrishnan kkrama at research.att.com
Sat Jan 22 13:55:51 PST 2005

Jonathan,
Exactly. There was a paper in last year's ICNP that seemed to show that
the problem appeared in wireless networks. It'd be interesting to see
to what extent channel capture occurs and if a solution such as the ones
suggested for Ethernet capture would work effectively in wireless.
        K. K. Ramakrishnan

Jonathan M. Smith wrote:

>Why not do it on WiFi?
>-JMS

>Jonathan M. Smith
>Olga and Alberico Pompa Professor of Engineering and Applied Science
>Professor of Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania
>Levine Hall, 3330 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
>On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Craig Partridge wrote:
>

>>In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0501211436140.11281 at tesla.psc.edu>, Matt Mathis write
>>s:
>>

>>>I think capture effect does not become a problem unless the end-system and
>>>routers/switches can send true back-to-back packets for a large portion of the
>>>window.  Just a small amount of idle makes the channel arbitration much more
>>>fair.  It might be kind of interesting to try to reconstruct the Boggs result
>>>with modern PC's.....
>>>

>>Sounds like great fun.  Let's see, what would the experiments be (always
>>fun to do experimental science on the fly)....

...<snip>