AW: [e2e] overlay over TCP

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Jan 24 12:08:01 PST 2005

Hmm, so it looks like they re-invented this feature for GridFTP:
http://www.globus.org/datagrid/gridftp.html

(the feature list contains "Third-party (direct server-to-server)
transfers").

Then again, the PORT command is in the "commands used by GridFTP" list
in http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/dsl/GridFTP-Protocol-RFC-Draft.pdf
so perhaps they turn it on and simply use the PORT command?

I think that this is said to be one of the most important features
GridFTP has...

Cheers,
Michael