[e2e] overlay over TCP

Alok alokdube at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 27 21:10:19 PST 2005

> There are other places, as well, that Cisco makes money
> from SCTP.. but again they are all "inside the network"
> places...
>
> However, that all being said, since Cisco does make
> money from the protocol, and would benefit from
> the M$ company producing SCTP with its O/S instead
> having to place an add-on component.. encouraging
> SCTP by making Cisco NAT's SCTP aware would help in
> this.. after all someone must crack the egg :-D
>
> (and yes Dan, we do ship a special internal version
>   of SCTP for windows to some of our customers :o)

......so why not extend RSVP-TE? At least we have devices within the network
who "understand" that language...(and cisco can make *even more* money
;o)... )

One could always define a new protocol type for the same and use it.

If SCTP can traverse NATs so can x,y,z in the same way, as long as you can
reach the end point.

-thanks
Alok