[e2e] Reacting to corruption based loss

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 13:42:21 PDT 2005

Ok, Clark, I see we have a problem with system understanding going on here.
MIBs are indeed repositories.  How does their content get created?
Firmware/software, written by the folks who built the box/interface/chip.  Fir
instance, we've been able to buy a complete web server inside an RJ45 module,
to solder onto a board, for a couple of years now.  How do you think its MIB
content about errors on its Ethernet interface gets into its memory?  You know
how it gets out, of course.

Alex