[e2e] a new IRTF group on Transport Models

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jun 3 05:30:12 PDT 2005

    > From: Cannara <cannara at attglobal.net>

    > the Internet designers never considered anything but IP and a few hosts
    > Admission & flow control at the network layer? What's that?
    > Whether or not TCP is ever given accurate info to distinguish physical
    > loss from true congestion matters little.

Gee, Alex, since you seem to know everything (in addition to being smarter
than all the early Internet people put together), perhaps you can explain to
me what ICMP type 4 messages are supposed to do...

(And, for the rest of you, does anyone know how CYCLADES handled congestion?
I have the CYCLADES book, so I could go look it up, but I was hoping someone
could save me the trouble.)

    > If there are such good souls ready to stand up and do what needs be
    > done, I applaud you. Remember, courage men/women, God hates a coward.

I would cheerfully say what I really think, but alas, I'm afraid the list
maintainers would likely chastise me (rightly) for ad hominem attacks.

	Noel