[e2e] Reacting to corruption based loss

Jonathan M. Smith jms at central.cis.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 7 05:26:07 PDT 2005

I would hypothesize that there is in fact no ideal reaction to corruption,
because the proper response is deeply dependent on the cause. There are,
however, potential inferences one could draw about causes from data
available from cross-layer analyses, such as link layer checksums, FECs,
and the like.
							Best,
							-JMS

Jonathan M. Smith
Olga and Alberico Pompa Professor of Engineering and Applied Science
Professor of Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania
Levine Hall, 3330 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104