[e2e] Reacting to corruption based loss

mbgreen@dsl.cis.upenn.edu mbgreen at dsl.cis.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:13:32 PDT 2005

   Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:34:29 +0200
   Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de>

   For the traditional AIMD scheme, it´s quite easy to see that AIMD
   sequences starting from different initial vaules will end up in the
   same sawtooth as long as alpha and beta are equally chosen for all
   competing flows.

[Digression not directly relevant to your main argument:]

I don't think this is "easy to see" if the RTTs of the competing flows
are different --- I don't even think it is necessarily true that they
end up in the same sawtooth.  In simulations it is easy to have many
flows with exactly the same RTT.  In the real world this is less
common.