[e2e] Application Traffic Characteristics measurement.

Sudeep Goyal sudeepg at cse.iitb.ac.in
Sun Mar 6 06:57:09 PST 2005

Thanks Xie,

  I am looking for QoS parameters like delay, jitter, throughput at the
application level and traffic/packet level both. I am using tcpdump,
tcptrace (and latelty tstat) for passive measurements and Iperf, D-ITG for
active measurements.

  If you can suggest me some link to some synthetic traffic generator
(that generates application traffic like VoIP, Video, FTP) which
I couldn't find yet, it would be of great help to me and then measures the
perforamnce like delay, jitter experienced by the application. D-ITG does
this, but only for VoIP and DNS.

  I tried looking for Netturbo on Google. Could get hands only on few
papers. I would be interested in looking at the tool. Can you plz suggest
me the link to the same?

Thanks for all the help,

Regards,
Sudeep

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Xie wrote:

> Hi Dear Sudeep,
>
> Which metrics will be included in your "traffic QoS characteristic"?
Some end to end performance metrics at application level or traffic ratio
for every application or other metrics else?  We have developed a network
measurement system named NetTurbo which can provide the first two kinds metrics.