[e2e] Skype and congestion collapse.

Clark Gaylord gaylord at dirtcheapemail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:24:05 PST 2005

Alex Cannara wrote:

> Ok Lars, rely on telepathy when your boss falls down the stairs, or
> your wife
> starts delivering while visiting your office, both during a power
> outage. Yeah, try that!  :]

why? they'll each have their cell phones.

as much as i hate to see it happen, the mobile communications device has
made 911 hand-wringing of internet telephony largely irrelevant. people
are safer with cell phones than land line. period. it has nothing to do
with the reliability of cell phones; it has to do with their
availability. the stairwell probably doesn't have a phone, but my boss does.

Convenience is seldom a factor in emergency location.

--ckg