[e2e] Closestnode.com announcement

Amr A. Awadallah aaa at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:35:39 PST 2005

Very cool.

Does ClosetNode provide support for finding a server that is closest to
multiple-clients at same time ?

Specifically, for multiplayer clan matches, suppose there is 16 players
(8 on each team), and there is 2000 game host servers distributed across
the world available for hosting the match. Can we find where is the
closet node to all 16 players such that the ping-differential between
the players is minimized ? (note that a node that is actually further
away on average, but reduces the delta between the players is preferred).

The reason ping-differential is so important is to ensure fairness,
otherwise certain players get the updates from the game server before
other players (and hence can kill the other players in their future
before they even see them !)

Thanks,

-- amr