[e2e] New leadership for the E2E RG

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Nov 9 14:23:38 PST 2005

The first meeting of the "Internet Task Force on New End-to-End
Services" was held on January 10th and 11th [1985] at UCLA.  The initial
members were: myself (UCLA), Bob Gilligan (SRI), Rob Gurwitz (BBN),
Alan Shelzter (UCLA), Jon Crowcroft (UCL), Annette DeSchon (ISI), and
David Cheriton (Stanford). Dave Clark did not arrive until the second
meeting, April 11-12, 1985 at BBN.  Although the Task Force (later,
Research Group) has always had a closed membership, it has maintained
this public mailing list, end2end-interest, for general discussion of
research areas relevant to the E-E architecture.

It has been my privilege to chair this organization since the first
meeting.  After 20 years, it seems to be time for me to step down
as chair.  After all, even Allan Greenspan does not rule forever!
Craig Partridge (BBN) and Karen Sollins (MIT) are the new co-chairs.

This list has been managed with by Joe Touch under the auspices of
the Postel Center for Experimental Networking, a living memorial
to Jon Postel.  He has agreed to continue to do so.

So, back to discussing whatever it was we were discussing.

Bob Braden