[e2e] A patch that speeds up the NS-2 simulation (Xiaoliang (David) Wei)

George Riley riley at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 13 12:20:19 PDT 2005

David, very nice.  You should try to get this folded into the baseline
ns2 release.

A few years ago I added a "Map" scheduler to ns2, that simply uses an
STL
map container to maintain the sorted list of events.  I'm pretty sure
it's still
in the baseline ns2 release, and can be enabled by saying:

$ns use-scheduler Map

I'd be curious how this compares to yours in terms of efficiency.

George

George F. Riley, Assistant Professor
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech
Atlanta, GA  30332-0250
(404)-894-4767
E-Mail: riley at ece.gatech.edu

ECE3090 Web Page: http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~riley/ece3090/