[e2e] Spurious Timeouts in mobile wireless networks, was: Re: Retransmission Timouts revisited

Francesco Vacirca francesco at net.infocom.uniroma1.it
Thu Oct 20 04:25:12 PDT 2005

Maybe you are interested in this technical report:
TCP Spurious Timeout estimation in an operational GPRS/UMTS network

http://userver.ftw.at/~ziegler/FTW-TR-2005-008.pdf

We deployed an algorithm to estimate spurious timeout retransmissions by
passive monitoring that it is based on similar assumptions of F-RTO and
reported the results on several day traces. The report is based on
measurements made in the UMTS and GPRS networks of Mobilkom Austria, EU.

regards,

Francesco