[e2e] What if there were no well known numbers? (history)

John Day day at std.com
Mon Aug 7 12:00:18 PDT 2006

O, good!  Glad to hear we weren't the only ones!  I would have
guessed that and since I spent alot of time talking to MAP and
Pogran, it isn't surprising.  ;-)  As I said earlier, I had always
thought that the saving grace of the ARPANet was it was done by OS
jocks, not data comm guys.  And like you say, we were still trying to
figure a lot of this out and some people were in one camp or another
or somewhere on the line.  It is hard to explain to people today, how
what seems so obvious now was far from it in 1970!

Take care,
John