[e2e] Internet Packet Loss Measurements?

Mellia Marco mellia at tlc.polito.it
Fri Aug 11 14:29:37 PDT 2006

We have developed a tool to passively monitor traffic, called Tstat -
TCP Statistic and Analysis Tool.
Among different measurement index, Tstat monitors TCP anomalies, i.e.,
packet retransmission by RTO, FR, unnecessary retransmission, network
reordering, duplicates, etc.
We presented a summary of our work at ICC, and TiWDC, and preparing an
extended version of the paper for a journal.
You can find details from
http://tstat.tlc.polito.it
which includes a set of measurements we are continously updating from
different probe point in the network. Just select the main picture in
the middle, then select a trace, and under the Stats:TCP menu, select
"Total number of anomalies".

 From the web page you have access also to all the paper we published,
including the two mentioned above. I can send you the extended version
of the paper if you want.

Hope this helps,
Marco