[e2e] About the primitives and their value

Pekka Nikander pekka.nikander at nomadiclab.com
Mon Aug 14 22:04:50 PDT 2006

>> I'm afraid you may be underestimating the value relocating a problem
>> might have.
>
> Simply shuffling the unsolicited requests around doesn't reduce the
> number of them.

I read this as you failing to understand or failing to want to
understand my point, for a reason or another.  If I am mistaken, my
apologies.

Technically, you are right, of course.  Changing primitives doesn't
remove any traffic that someone sends.

What I am trying to say is that moving around the problem or changing
the technical primitives may change the situation so that some people
do not want to bad send traffic any more, due to reduced potential
benefit or increased risks.  Furthermore, I am also trying to say
that if enough of people change their mind in this way, the large-
scale behaviour as observed may change drastically.

--Pekka