[e2e] Proxy servers and e2e performance

Loki Jorgenson ljorgenson at apparentnetworks.com
Fri Feb 17 10:15:14 PST 2006

Does anyone have any insights into the effects and impacts of proxy
service implementation in e2e performance?  Or even have a decent
suggestion for a design guide w.r.t. proxies?  This seems like an
overlooked topic and I am having trouble finding anything relevant.

A book or solid overview article would be ideal to provide an assessment
of the state-of-the-art.

To clarify, I am less interested in the details of proxy configuration
and architecture and more interested in studies that have analyzed their
impact on performance (possibly w.r.t. config and architecture).

Any suggestions?

Loki Jorgenson
Chief Scientist
Apparent Networks