[e2e] applcation layer!!!!

sampad mishra sampad_m at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:45:56 PST 2006

Hi all,
       As the DOS attack issue is getting heated up in the group. I would like to divert your attention a bit.
 As we know the current trends in the Internet technology points to an increasingly heterogeneous network consisting of links of vastly different characteristics. Satellite networks, WLANS, mobiles will be ubiquitous and an integral part of the future Internet.  As we have seen all the layers of OSI model evolving , can anyone throw some light how application layer is evolving inorder to take into account the heterogenity of the network.
Is any changes in the application framework been proposed which can give a better perfomance taking into account the heterogenity of the network.

I mean to say has anyone looked from the application point of view, or is it better to keep the application unaware of the medium.

I'm sorry if the above question is irrelevant or may be stupid but atleast I would expect some comments....

Regards,
Sampad Mishra,
IISc.
Bangalore.