[e2e] 0% NAT - checkmating the disconnectors

Greg Skinner gds at best.com
Thu Feb 23 23:56:53 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:12:31PM -0800, rick jones wrote:
> Not well thought out, and far from technical, likely pessimistic, and
> certainly quixotic, but it seems that what separates the "good old
> days" from the "bad new days" is money.

I'd like to argue that some things that we take for granted now didn't
work so well in the "good old days."  We now have mature and robust
DNS and mail protocols; back then we had a myriad of transport and
name resolution systems that required various types of sorcery to
navigate.  I could go on, but don't want to drift (further) off
topic.

--gregbo