[e2e] Network protocol distribution

Balaji Ramachandran balabanga at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 11:34:15 PST 2006

 Hi all ,

 I was in the process of designing a statistics module
for a network device.
 In order to save on memory and computation, the
design was going to assume that a small number of
protocols is going to generate a large amount of
traffic (something like a 80 - 20 rule). This was just
an intuition, so it to have some proven basis, in the
context of public and private networks.

 I tried to search for relevant literature, but found
nothing (I used the wrong keywords may be). It would
be most useful if I could be poitned to some relevant
literature in this area.

 thanks
 Balaji