[e2e] fast restoration/protection

Puddinhead Wilson puddinghead_wilson007 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 02:05:43 PDT 2006

ok , so make "your contraint" a metric in BGP and send
out the best of all your constraints as BGP does even
now.
So if a node A says "my best is X" for a given
constraint it is fair to assume that that particular
node has paths which satisfy that max, and lower.

Though if the LSP/path is setup only for FRR/backup
etc, running IGP on all intermediate nodes and BGP
towards customer facing networks is what makes more
sense.

more like
customer--BGP(with some connection setup.teardown
mechanism)-----rest of the networks running ISIS/OSPF
on circuit swithing gear---BGP---customer facing
stuff.

<20060620082314.97170.qmail at web25402.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>,