[e2e] queuing/dropping algorithms *actually* deployed

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Thu Jun 22 13:30:35 PDT 2006

Bob Braden wrote:
> Uh, Dave, I think your sample should be limited to packet-carrying carrier
> pigeons in Trafalgar Square.

I was wondering exactly how to get valid data, thinking I could engage
the clever heads of a few doctoral students at UCL to determine whether
drops are valid IP packets or merely those fed by non-IP telco walled
gardens in London.

Since Jon Crowcroft's pate is now gone from the area, perhaps Mark
Handley would lead the team.   (Mayor Livingstone may moot the question
soon, since he apparently is focused on blocking pigeon traffic in the
square entirely.   Net Neutrality in London is apparently not on..., at
least on the avian AS).