[e2e] A simple question about handling the dump files

Zhani Mohamed Faten zhani_med_faten at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 2 07:00:55 PST 2006

Hi
  Here you have more traces captured with tcpdump and some software to use to have more friend format and to look graphically the traffic.

  http://ita.ee.lbl.gov/index.html
  http://ita.ee.lbl.gov/html/traces.html
  http://ita.ee.lbl.gov/html/software.html

  for other tools like ethreal, it is a nice tool but treatment time of the data especially when analysing huge quantity of traffic is very long.
  tcptrace is a very good tool and you can read more about the existing modules, I think you'll find analysis that you need.
  for windows or Linux environment, it's better to use Linux since original versions of this tools was developped for Linux but still you can install cygwin under windows and use Linux programs there even with graphical interface
  what are you interested iin exactly ?
  Any questions are welcome,

  Regards
  Zhani Mohamed Faten

sampad mishra <sampad_m at rediffmail.com> a écrit :

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 shaohe wrote :

Have you tried ethereal(multi platform protocol analyzer) for windows....

regards,
sampad mishra.