[e2e] 0% NAT - checkmating the disconnectors

Dah Ming Chiu dmchiu at ie.cuhk.edu.hk
Mon Mar 13 08:29:43 PST 2006

I have only read the last 2-3 posts of this thread - interesting discussion.
What puzzles me is why it is necessary to have such a "social compact"
to ensure global transit. Isn't market forces strong enough to guarantee
connectivity?  In other words, if you are an ISP preferring to limit
transit,
maybe some of your customers will find other transit providers?  Of course,
at some levels, when there is monopoly, there still needs to be government
regulations.

DMC