[e2e] 0% NAT - checkmating the disconnectors

Saikat Guha saikat at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Mar 13 22:02:33 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 08:14 -0500, David P. Reed wrote:
> It was based on AT&T
> abusing its social contract with the US Government

Based on your example of a few lawsuits, it seems censorship and such
need to be tackled at the social layer (Layer 10?), by the Government,
through laws etc.

I know this is an antagonistic thing to say, but while you can guarantee
some "freedom" (of speech) at the transport layer, e2e suggests there is
little value in doing so.

That said, as Greg rightly pointed out, the paper I linked is not about
censorship. It is about letting authorized users freely communicate.

cheers,
--
Saikat