[e2e] end2end-interest Digest, Vol 25, Issue 26

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 27 09:07:08 PST 2006

> If you're interested in maintaining connections, then why would you
> not use SCTP? SCTP allows you to maintain an overall connection and
> then do fast transaction-like sessions at will within the context.

I didn't see the benefit for a single grid service call over a single
connection - but if I maintain connections and MUX all over them,
sure, the multiple stream feature of sctp is useful!

Well, on second thought, parameters could be separate app chunks
that could be delivered unordered! Hmmm ...

I like SCTP a lot, anyway   :)

Thanks and cheers,
Michael