[e2e] Question on ssthresh setting in RFC 2581

Arthur de Castro Callado arthur at gprt.ufpe.br
Thu May 11 12:54:43 PDT 2006

Daniel,

 	these variables are in bytes, not packets, and this equation is
only used when detecting loss. I suppose it means that when a single loss
is detected, then the "ssthresh" is equal to the present "FlightSize",
i.e., the congestion control immediately jumps to collision avvoidance
mode.

Cheers,
Arthur Callado.
PhD Candidate from the Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil.