[e2e] Legal fragment sizes

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Wed May 17 04:53:01 PDT 2006

I'd bet there is at least one IP stack that would overwrite kernel
memory if you play this trick on it.   :-)

Somebody who wanted to test this hypothesis could start sending lots of
these "extreme" packets out to random addresses, followed by tests to
see if the addressed computers crash (ping every second for five seconds).

Probably you should consult your lawyer before carrying out this
experiment, if you don't work for the security dept. of the organization
you are probing.