[e2e] Legal fragment sizes

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Wed May 17 07:27:25 PDT 2006

In my comment about this proposed "jumbo datagram" trick, I wasn't
arguing that it was legal or illegal, of course.   Thanks, Michael, for
teaching me more about PoD, which I only knew the name of, not the contents.

Seems like the Internet immune system is probably well immunized against
this risk given prior pandemics, but you never know if new stacks are
being born unvaccinated out there among developers who haven't heard of
PoD, or find it difficult to interpret the RFC's.