[e2e] new network architecture idea -

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Sat May 20 12:11:31 PDT 2006

On May 20, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Fergie wrote:

> pub/sub how, exactly?

I think of pub/sub as an application concept:  I have content I am
willing to share, and someone else tells me that they are interested.
In this context, I should think the receiving node would tell the
sending node that it was interested if the other guy wanted to talk.

So now I wonder how this works. I walk into a meeting room and open
my laptop. It joins a wireless network, and voila! the peers and
servers I am interested in all tell me that they are publishing
something to which I might subscribe?

I think this is going to require some work to describe. At the end of
the day, it is never the receiver that knows there is content out
there to receive; it is always the one who sends it who has that
knowledge.