[e2e] new network architecture idea -

Christian Huitema huitema at windows.microsoft.com
Mon May 22 00:16:24 PDT 2006

Well, you trade DDOS for the sibyl attack. The problem is that in most
P2P systems there is little "barrier to entry". Each zombie can manifest
itself as multiple nodes, virtual nodes if you want. They can
potentially have enough virtual nodes to represent 1/3rd of the
population. If you don't believe that's possible, consider that 70% of
e-mail is spam...