[e2e] performance of BIC-TCP, High-Speed-TCP, H-TCP etc

Paul Francis francis at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Sep 26 06:50:04 PDT 2006

What I said was, that Fastsoft's deployment model (that of putting an
appliance at the edge of the network) is simple and popular (i.e. many
products deploy that way).

Look, the original question on the table is simply whether it makes sense for
a researcher to compare his transport protocol with FastTCP.  I know how I
answer that question for myself, which is, yes, it makes sense.  Not only
because it is a good technology (AFAIK), but also because it is a commercial
product.  It is very nice if a research result can beat a commercial product.
Of course good to compare with other transports as well.

If as a researcher you don't think it makes sense to compare your transport
with FastTCP, well fine then.

PF