[e2e] Simulator for wireless network

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Apr 15 12:26:08 PDT 2007

S. Keshav wrote:

> This is the reason why 'proof by simulation', for computer systems, at
> least, is farcical. Not only are simulators known to be buggy, but
> they are also simulating a system that is too loosely coupled to be
> adequately modeled.

Is a "proof by implementation" is better?

I don´t think so. Implementations are known to be buggy. Implementations
are known to not behave as expected.

However, this could lead to a somewhat useless debate on the topic:
"What is a proof?"

In my opinion, the first step to be done is to exactly define the
question. Then we can discuss how we can find the answer.
And the question "which simulator is the best one for wireless networks"
is that extremely vague that I doubt that there is a sound answer to
this one.

Detlef

--
Detlef Bosau