[e2e] [SPAM] opening multiple TCP connections getting popular

David Borman david.borman at windriver.com
Fri Aug 31 06:11:10 PDT 2007

Outside of other information, I've always used a default window
scaling factor of 4, because that gives you the potential for a 1GB
window and the granularity of the window is only 16 bytes.  If you
don't negotiate window scaling up front, you are stuck with a 64K
maximum window for the duration of the connection.  Besides, windows
have always been updated on a coarse granularity, due to Silly Window
Syndrome avoidance.

			-David Borman