[e2e] end to end arguments in systems design

L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 12:54:21 PST 2007

>On 2007-12-6, at 19:14, ext Lloyd Wood wrote:
>> Two examples that spring to mind are in the output of the IRTF Delay
>> Tolerant Networking (DTN) research group - the DTN bundle protocol
>> (now published as RFC5050) and the Licklider transport protocol
>> (pending).
>>
>> Yes, these protocols are being published as IRTF experimental
>
> Thanks for clarifying. I was worried for a minute that you were
> referring to transport area standards track protocols.

Consider our moving Saratoga from DTNRG to TSVWG and
draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-00 (as discussed with you in Chicago)
a vote of confidence in the transport area and its processes.

> (And the rest of your email clarifies that you're concerned about the
> inner workings of DTNRG and what impact that has on their Experimental
> RFCs, and not on the workings of IETF WGs in this space. But shouldn't
> you bring this up on the DTNRG list, rather than that of a the E2E RG?)

My previous email summarised months of bringing this to the
DTNRG.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk>