[e2e] Delays / service times / delivery times in wireless networks.

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Wed Feb 21 12:14:17 PST 2007

You are right that there is a difference between congestion and lossy
links, but persisting for a long time to transmit a packet causes
congestion back up the path from the source, and that backed up queueing
can hurt TCP, because TCP depends on a fast end-to-end control loop to
manage window size.

So the FR and GPRS cases are different to some extent, I agree.