[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Agarwal, Anil Anil.Agarwal at viasat.com
Thu Jan 4 07:20:18 PST 2007

Lloyd Wood wrote:

> This issue is minor compared to the widespread changes to their TCP stack
> Microsoft made with adopting Compound TCP in Vista.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1105.mspx <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1105.mspx>
>
> and the IETF didn't have any say in that either. Standards bodies don't ship
> code.

Yikes !!
>From the above URL -
"CTCP is enabled by default in computers running Windows Server "Longhorn" ..."

Whatever happened to the idea of vendors and IETF conducting trial tests over the Internet for a period of time and writing RFCs before widespread deployment of a new protocol feature?

Anil
-----
Anil Agarwal
ViaSat Inc.