[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Lloyd Wood L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 15:30:02 PST 2007

At Tuesday 09/01/2007 13:35 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:

>One of the fundamental tenants of Linux development is its continual
>nature.  I've seen some very good academic work end up being entirely
>ignored since, by the time the work was done, the work (which was based
>on what had become a several year stale version of Linux), was hopeless
>integrate into Linux.

That's no different from simulation work done with an ns network simulator snapshot that is hopeless to integrate into the current version of ns, and so gets ignored.

Academics are rewarded by writing papers. They are not rewarded by staying current with the current codebase of the linux kernel/ns.

L.