[e2e] FYI - update to list policy and operation

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Thu Jan 11 16:05:11 PST 2007

Hi, all,

Just a quick note that the list is under new management, at least
officially. I'm still running it day-to-day; that hasn't changed (sorry
;-) Some of this info is new, and some may be repeated...

Karen Sollins and Craig Partridge are now chairs of the IRTF E2E WG,
which is the owner of this list.
http://www.irtf.org/charter?gtype=rg&group=end2end

I have taken over Bob Braden's role as primary POC for queries about the
mailing list and requests to post. PS - I encourage you to thank Bob
either personally or on this list; running things, both at the IRTF, and
this list, are often otherwise thankless jobs, and he deserves the
primary credit for this list's prosperity).

The list posting policy has been updated to explain how CFPs are gated
more clearly, as follows:
    * have a primary focus on E2E issues
    * focus on research discussion
    * be open to all participants (space permitting)

See also the following:
http://www.postel.org/e2e.htm

This is the spirit in which the recent DARPA and NSF posts have been
encouraged, and we further encourage all organizations - national,
industrial, academic, and other - to post relevant *open* calls for
papers and participation to this list.

Posts of calls for papers/participation which have non-space
restrictions, proposals for funding, and previously prohibited items
(job advertisements, job solicitations, and book announcements) are not
permitted under the current policy.

I hope this information is useful. Please feel free to contact me
directly if you have any questions, either about this list in general or
about a specific post.

Thanks,

Joe (as list admin)

Joe Touch
Sr. Network Engineer, USAF TSAT Space Segment