[e2e] query reg improving TCP performane

V Anil Kumar anil at cmmacs.ernet.in
Thu Jul 5 22:35:26 PDT 2007

Hi,

What are the buffer sizes configured at the interface level on
intermediate routers? Are they also set to the BDP of the link? Also, what
is the buffer management scheme (RED or FIFO) on the intermediate routers?
These parameters will also have an impact on the end-to-end throughput.

The configuration you attached shows that you could improve the throughput
from 55 mbps to 95 mbps by decreasing the buffer size from 921600 to
175636. While your text says that you achieved 95 mbps by increasing the
buffer size.

Any idea why a dedicated 100 mbps link gives an RTT of 70 msec. under no
load condition?

Anil