[e2e] [dccp] RE: Small packets - Definition needed..

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 02:22:49 PDT 2007

576 is equally rediculous as 53 bytes in that it doesnt represent a good tradfe off between
header wire overead versus payload, header processing time and payload,
serialisation delays in modern codecs, or any recognizable unit of page/disk block, or
any sensible zero copy stack programming models.

time to move on.

I think colin perkins has the right idea - we should use 666 bits with 6 bit hyper-expontial mu-law
samples for audio and 333 bit samples for dct run length huffman coded blocks for HD video, and 111 bits  for
most wireless game consle controllers, and all 666 bits for direct neural implants.