[e2e] TCP to exhibit MTU unfairness?

Anoop Ghanwani anoop at brocade.com
Mon Nov 19 13:48:20 PST 2007

This can be argued either way.  If a connection is going
through multiple hops, it is already consuming more
resources in the network (regardless of whether or not
those hops are congested); so the argument for this
case would be that it is probably OK for it to get
a lower rate.  However, routing policy is often dictated
by someone other than the user, possibly forcing the
user through more hops than may be needed; in this
case, it could be argued that a connection should receive
a rate independent of the number of congested links.

At this point, I don't think it makes a difference.
You get what you get with TCP and it's probably
not going to change any time soon. :-)

Anoop