[e2e] end of interest

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Apr 21 07:33:45 PDT 2008

> But scientifically, it's just an interesting problem that is worth
> solving - if you can reproduce and test your solutions.

p2p is not a problem.  it is a primitive solution to some social
problems and some technical ones.  some of the p2p protocols are even
kinda distributed, woo woo!

the first engineering problem is how to leak topo and congestion info to
p2p services without exposing my network to attacks.  what kind of info
can i safely leak?  that'll give us a clue as to what info the p2pware
might have so it can be smarter about distribution.

randy