[e2e] SCTP popularity

David Borman david.borman at windriver.com
Mon Apr 21 09:10:20 PDT 2008

In general, as long as TCP or UDP provide the needed functionality,
there is no motivation to switch to SCTP.  SCTP is and will be used
for applications that need the additional functionality that SCTP
provides beyond what TCP or UDP can offer.  For example, Carrier Grade
Linux (CGL) is one place where SCTP is being used today.

			-David Borman