[e2e] patents on routing algorithms

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 22:53:30 PST 2008

a letter in this month's CACM reminds us that the Church-Turing Theorem
states that algorithms and mathematics are the same - math is unpatentable
so ...

time to trash algorithm patents esp. where they are used in clear violation even
of the original (at least US) intent of patent law....edison will be turning in
his grave...

the ietf has (had) the right model..

In missive <477C7660.8020406 at isi.edu>, Joe Touch typed: