[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Fri Jan 4 12:43:21 PST 2008

Joe Touch wrote:
>> I very much doubt that any Linux developers are expecting anyone to
>> be 'bailing them out' here. Ditto for any Microsoft Compound TCP
>> developers.
>>

> That, perhaps, is part of the problem.

Is there a Security Hole if CUBIC is used?  Should I be really scared?
Will I bring down the entire Internet?   If I'm willing to take a risk
myself (running Fedora is a moderate risk, like opening up the case on
your PC and installing a new memory card) why should anyone worry about
me needing to be bailed out?

I'm honestly curious.   Since I build my own kernels every day, I could
just turn CUBIC off.   But I figure that exercising it a bit in the
*real* world is probably good.

Is that any different than running CUBIC between PlanetLab nodes and
users on PCs in academic computer networking research labs?